Wednesday 20 January 2010

Date 30


"Oh, I'm too tired. I'm so very tired."


Another strange girl. We'd actually talked a lot by e-mail during the initial stages of when I had first started seeing date 28. We seemed to have a lot in common particularly in terms of films and she seemed lovely. She asked me out for a date and I really wanted to meet her but as things were going well with 28 I thought long and hard and I had to politely decline her request and I explained to her the reason and she was fine about it. In retrospect this was a bad move but as I'm a very honest person and a man of principles I thought I was doing the right thing.

After things had ended with 28 I thought that I had nothing to lose so I got back in contact with this lady and explained the situation (without going into detail) and that if she still wanted to then we could meet up. To my surprise she actually said 'yes.'

All in all it was quite a disappointing date. Just as I was on my way to meet her she texted me to tell me she was going to be late. I wasn't too pleased as I live out in the sticks and she hadn't given me any notice. I was actually drawing some money out from a cash machine at the time and such was my annoyance that I walked off without my £40, which was obviously not there when I went back to retrieve it a few minutes later after realising my absent-mindedness. Luckily, I'd remembered to bring a book this time but unluckily she was about one and a half hours late. I thought we got on quite well but after a couple of drinks she said she was really tired, which actually wasn't surprising as it was near the end of the evening as she'd arrived so late.

I asked her there and then if she wanted another date and she said she was going to be honest with me and she said that she had another date the following night but she'd e-mail me the next week anyway. I knew from that moment that I wouldn't see her again but I thought she could at least have given me another chance as she'd arrived so late. I realise I messed her around to an extent after initially turning her down but that wasn't my fault and in my mind I was being loyal to 28.

Anyway, she e-mailed me the following week and said she'd had a lovely evening and wished that we'd met as friends as she thought we'd have been great mates, but she said that she thought I probably wasn't looking for any new friends as I was on a dating website and I probably had enough already. I replied to say I'd be really happy to be mates and I never heard from her.

This was a real shame as I thought that she was lovely. She'd also waxed lyrically in her initial e-mails about the fact that her favourite party game was Smiths charades, but unfortunately I never got to ask her about it, which was disappointing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment