Thursday 14 January 2010

Date 23


"They said there's too much caffeine in your bloodstream."


A super fast date here, so not much to tell apart from the fact that her exit strategy was genius. She kept checking her phone as, according to her, her friend was close to going into labour. As it happens when we'd finished our second drink she got a call to say her friend was about to give birth so she made her excuses and left, and I obviously never heard from her again. One lesson I will take from this date, however, is never to drink two lattes in a row. As we weren't drinking alcohol I got confused when she offered to buy me a drink after I'd bought her one and so I said 'same, again, please.' Big mistake, as a few hours later I was climbing the walls thinking I was going to go into cardiac arrest, such were my dangerously high caffeine levels. I was actually genuinely concerned until it wore off several hours later. I'm so Rock 'n' Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment