Sunday 17 January 2010

Date 25


"I grabbed you by the guilded beams, that's what tradition means."


Yet another false dawn again. Myself and the lady in question had been e-mailing each other for ages before we agreed to meet up for a drink and when we eventually did it was a fantastic evening.

We seemed to click instantly and we had a fantastic night of laughter and copious amounts of alcohol was consumed. I thought I'd finally found someone who really liked me, judging by all the compliments I was getting and when we were finally about to go our separate ways she said to me that she'd been wondering all night when I was going to kiss her. I duly obliged as I'd been wanting to but didn't know whether it would have been appropriate or not, such is the shy gentleman that I am. This act of lust went on for such a while that I nearly missed my last train home and in the end I actually only just made it onto the last carriage when I begged to be let on and some kindly inebriated young chaps took pity on me and hauled me on just before the doors closed.

I texted her the next day to say what a great evening I'd had and received quite a cool reply which surprised me but we met up again for a second date a couple of weeks later. When we hooked up for the second date she, again, seemed initially cool but as soon as the alcohol flowed she seemed a lot more comfortable and as had happened on our first date; she grabbed me just before I got on my train home and kissed me on the station concourse while disgruntled travellers kept pushing and shoving our selfish selves locked in a passionate embrace.

She then disappeared for a month or so when I never heard from her (despite contacting her), which I found most odd, but then as luck would have it; I won two tickets to see a CSS gig (absolute gold dust) and I asked her to join me for what would be our third date, and she duly accepted. Yet again, we had a fantastic night: CSS were of course superb (one of the best live bands I've ever seen) and afterwards we went to a pub in Camden to sample their finest beers and wines. Then, as was now becoming common place, she grabbed me before I got on the tube to bid me a very fond farewell and she told me to contact her to make plans for our fourth date (unchartered territory for me thus far).

Sadly, the fourth date never happened. I texted her a couple of days later and heard nothing then received a call asking me to ring her back for a chat. I did so, fearing the worst, and she said she just wanted to be friends as she didn't feel that there was a spark between us and she didn't feel that we had anything in common, plus she wanted to settle down and she got the impression that I didn't want to.

In all honesty she had a point and I wasn't actually that disappointed that she'd 'dumped' me, although it's never nice to be rejected. I did actually feel extremely aggrieved that she hadn't mentioned anything before the CSS gig though, as in retrospect I think that she would have known then that it would have been our last date and that she just went along with it to go to the gig with me.

I've never seen her again and I did feel a tad bitter that she took me for a ride because there were so many other people whom I could and would rather have taken to see CSS. I respect her honesty completely, as we probably weren't right for each other (we did get on though) but I think that was out of order on her part.

No comments:

Post a Comment