Saturday 9 January 2010

Date 7


"Oh, Manchester. So much to answer for."



Things didn't get off to a great start with this one. We'd agreed to meet in a bar in Clapham after work then just as I was getting off the train she called me to say she was going to be late due to delays. I told her that was fine and went into the bar to get a drink thinking she'd turn up soon. The pub was absolutely rammed and I ended up standing in it for an hour on my own; so by the time she arrived I was a couple of drinks ahead. To be fair it wasn't her fault and she was very apologetic, but from that day forth I am never without a book or magazine for those awkward, lonely moments.

I knew instantly when I saw her that I was very attracted to her and she had a beautifully understated Mancunian accent. I can't really remember that much about her other than that her favourite band of all time was New Order (a stock question of mine), but after having a few drinks with her and keeping the conversation flowing; I thought that there was a really good chance of a second date.

I texted her the next day and she took a few days to reply, but when she did she made it clear that she didn't want to see me again. I'm glad she was honest, but I remember being very disappointed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment