Friday 8 January 2010

Date 6


"Deep in the cell of my heart, I will feel so glad to go."



This will go down as my shortest and possibly THE shortest date in history as it barely lasted 30 minutes.

I hadn't really exchanged many e-mails with the person in question, but it had transpired that she knew one of my musician friends as they'd done some session work together. I, therefore, had mentioned her to said musician buddy and she'd informed me that date number 3 from Soulmates was 'lovely.' With this endorsement in mind I thought that things might go well; how wrong I was.

After recognising her at our meeting place, I went over and introduced myself and I was instantly taken aback by the look of horror in her face. She was simply aghast. I'd like to add at this point that I'm certainly not under the illusion that I resemble Marlon Brando in his heyday, but I'm hardly Joseph Merrick! Plus, everyone I have ever met off Soulmates have always said how I look exactly like my profile picture, so it's not as if I'd incorrectly marketed myself as looking like Brad Pitt.

Things hadn't got off to a great start and they got even worse when, after buying her a drink, the conversation completely dried up after about 10 minutes as she seemed completely uninterested by anything that I had to say and she just stopped talking and turned to simply stare at the Thames. During this uncomfortable silence, which probably lasted a few minutes but seemed longer, I was frantically trying to come up with an escape plan, when thankfully she averted her gaze from the river view and said she had band practice and had to leave. I was relieved and couldn't get back to the station quick enough.

On my way home on the train, I texted my musician friend to tell her about what had happened and she simply replied with 'oops,' which said it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment