Tuesday 12 January 2010

Date 16


"Well, I wonder."


Funnily enough, I actually used to be a work colleague of this person, although she didn't know that when she mailed me first. We'd never worked that closely together but she recognised me when we met up, and it's probably fair to say that I remembered her more due to the fact that she had been highly coveted by most of me and my former male colleagues.

We spent the whole afternoon and evening together at a restaurant and various bars in Richmond and got on fantastically. It probably helped that we vaguely knew each other from the dim and distant past, so we initially had a lot to talk about in terms of reminiscing about ex-colleagues etc. and mutual friends. Besides that, though, we had a right laugh and the conversation never dried up. So much so that she told me she wanted to see me in a few days time for our second date and go to the cinema to see Control.

That second date never happened as when I texted her a day or so later to arrange things, she'd changed her mind and told me that she just wanted to be friends as she was getting back with her ex-boyfriend, which made me wonder why she'd been on a dating website in the first place. I told her I didn't want to be just friends with her and we stayed in touch for a bit but I never saw her again. Things may not have worked out in the long run, anyway, as she'd let on that she was a big UB40 fan and that revelation was quite hard to swallow, and it wasn't even a guilty pleasure (which I have many of)!

No comments:

Post a Comment