Friday 22 January 2010

Date 33


"Hand in glove."


Not that much to say about this Middlesbrough woman apart from the fact that she gave me the most amazing put-down line. We shared a couple of pleasant drinks and she was a Smiths and Pixies fan, which is always a positive way to get on my good side, and she had a cracking sense of humour. One thing that did alarm me slightly was the fact that I couldn't take my eyes off her enormous hands. They were huge. They were 'man hands.' Sean Hughes was actually sitting near us, so he must have noticed them too. When we were saying goodbye at the station she said she'd call me, and when she hadn't after a few days I dropped her a text and asked if she'd be up for date number two. And then came the moment of pure comedy gold. She said: 'There will be no second date because I'm looking for Mr. Right.'

No comments:

Post a Comment