Monday 4 January 2010

Date 2


"I say no, you say yes, and you will change your mind!"


Fast forward to 2005: my second internet date and my first taste of using a pay site. On this occasion I signed up with Dating Direct and after using it for a month with little success; I never tried it again.

Anyway, to the date itself. We started off by having a couple of coffees followed by a spot of lunch on Richmond Green. Coincidentally, an ex work colleague of mine happened to be there too, and she told me afterwards that she kept looking over at us to try and get an idea of how things were going and that there appeared to be quite a few periods of silence, which probably says it all.

I can't actually remember much about the afternoon, but at the end she asked me if I wanted to go and see War of the Worlds with her for our second date. I said 'yes' but when I contacted her a day or so later, she'd changed her mind and didn't want to see me again, so that was that and I didn't go on another date until over a year later.




No comments:

Post a Comment