Thursday 21 January 2010

Date 32


"I don't owe you anything."



The first date with this Manchester City supporting woman technically ended up with her not turning up. She cancelled our first couple of dates due to various reasons then we eventually agreed to meet at a coffee bar locally on a Saturday morning as she was going to see Metallica in the evening. I'd heard nothing the night before, but bizarrely my internet connection went at around midnight. Normally before I go on a date I check my e-mails in case they cancel and she of course had previous. However, because my wifi still wasn't working the next morning I was unable to do so. I had given her my mobile number though (she hadn't given me hers), so I assumed she'd contact me by phone or text.

Anyway, I got to said date location bang on time. There was still no sign of her half an hour later. When it had got to her being an hour late I knew something was up. I then rang up a friend and got them to log onto my Soulmates profile and there was a message from her sent the previous night at about 1am cancelling on me. I was pretty livid, but by the same token if my internet hadn't gone then I would have got the message, however, to cancel at such short notice was ridiculous and the fact that she didn't contact me on my mobile was just thoughtless.

I decided to give her another chance though, and we met up for a drink at a local pub eventually. It was a very pleasant evening and she was good company, and as I saw her onto the bus she shouted out that she'd e-mail me.

I hadn't heard from her for a few days so mailed her instead and she agreed to a second date. She then cancelled on me another 2 or 3 times (as had become the norm) but we met up for lunch one Saturday afternoon and it was pretty good fun. As I waited with her at the bus stop I asked her about the possibility of a third date and she said 'yes' and told me to ring her in the week. I did so and it went straight to voice-mail so I texted her instead. She took a week to reply and said she was busy.

I then waited another week to get in contact and she replied with 'actually, I've decided I'm not ready to be dating, so can we be friends?' I never responded.

No comments:

Post a Comment