Wednesday 6 January 2010

Date 4


"This Charming Man."


This was my first date since I'd joined Guardian Soulmates, and although it wasn't my first experience of internet dating; I was still reasonably new to the whole thing.

If my memory serves me right then it was Good Friday in 2007 and I'd had to go into work in the morning, which was just as well as it took my mind off my inevitable nerves. All in all, it was a very pleasant afternoon and evening involving various bars and a restaurant, although to be honest I can't actually remember much about her apart from her love of quizzes.

Anyway, at the end of the day I walked her to the bus stop and waited for her to board her bus, such is the gentleman I am, and she told me to contact her in a week about arranging a second date. I duly obliged and heard nothing back, so waited another week before texting her again, which again resulted in no reply, so I gave up.

Bizarrely a couple of weeks later I received a text from her asking me what year did Abba win the Eurovision song contest for 'Waterloo, ' so I googled it and texted her back that it was 1974. And that was the last I heard from her, so at least I possibly helped her win a pub quiz if nothing else. I was a little confused by this strange behaviour, but not too bothered, however, this was to prove to be the shape of things to come in my quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment