Friday 15 January 2010

Date 24


"Upon the sand, upon the bay."


This was a bit of a strange one.

She had initially cancelled our first date due to work commitments and then I didn't hear from her again for ages. So, out of the blue she contacted me again to re-arrange the date a month or so later.

We'd had quite a lot of contact beforehand via phone and e-mail but I was still quite nervous, and if I'm honest my nerves never really went all night and I actually felt a bit intimidated by her, although I'm not sure why. All in all though, we had a really good night and finished things off with a couple of tequila shots each, which I hadn't done for years. I felt that things had gone sufficiently well for there to be another date and this was strengthened by the fact that she texted me the next day and we had a bit of banter, then inexplicably she stopped texting me. I hadn't heard anything for a couple of weeks so I e-mailed her to ask her if she fancied another date.

She then left me hanging on for another few weeks and replied by saying that she'd met someone else so she didn't want to see me again.

As an aside; during our date we'd gone down to the 'beach' part next to the river at South Bank and she'd written our names in huge letters in the sand and then took a picture of it. With the e-mail she'd sent saying she didn't want another date she sent me the pic and said it was also her screen-saver. I found that quite strange considering she wanted nowt more to do with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment