Thursday 18 January 2018

Date 140


"Who said I'd lied to her?"


I'm not a big fan of coffee dates but relatively brief cafe meets like these are what they were made for.

I met this larger than life lady in a cafe along the seafront. All her profile photographs looked different but I knew it was her when she turned up as her booming voice, shock of ginger hair and garish dress sense gave her away. She had one of the loudest laughs I think I've heard before and I've met Brian Blessed!

She was quite an odd character and not really very self-aware. She also reminded me a bit like a female version of Colin Hunt from the Fast Show. We had a couple of cuppas then called it a day.

I'd noticed during the date that she was quite confrontational and when I got home she sent me a text rant about how I 'lied' about my height. Which is completely untrue. I'm 5'7'' and I can be a bit sensitive about being a shortarse because people have cancelled dates with me due to my height. There are also plenty of profiles that state they won't reply to messages from men under 6 feet. However, I always put my correct height on my profile as what's the point in being economical with the truth when Danny DeVito rocks up instead of the expected George Clooney?

When I assured her that's how tall I am, she backtracked a lot and said I couldn't help being that height. She also said she was a dickhead and couldn't help that either!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, that’s really kind of you to say so! I’ll be adding some more entries soon.

    ReplyDelete