Thursday 18 January 2018

Date 143


"I went to London and I..."


Another date where not much happened. When I think back I'm also amazed that I went all the way into London to meet her too.

She lived on the Isle of Wight and we'd been chatting on Whatsapp for a while so there didn't appear to be much chance we were going to meet due to the distance. However, she was staying in Guildford with family (where she used to live) and suggested a date. I'm still surprised that I agreed though as I didn't have anything on in London and it was a relatively quick date as she didn't want anything to eat so it only lasted a few drinks, plus all the times she kept going outside for a cigarette. I didn't fancy her at all and I presume she felt the same.

We kept in touch for a bit but there was never any question that we were going to meet up again although the most memorable thing she did for me was give me a heads up when a Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon had its price slashed to under £100 so we both bought it!!! (Our mutual liking of Star Wars Lego led to me actually buying her a small spaceship for our date!).

I didn't hear from her for a while then I got a message from her asking how I was but I think it was only to let me know that she had a boyfriend who she'd met locally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment