Thursday 18 January 2018

Date 145


"I know the wind-swept mystical air."


This continued the theme of quick, unmemorable dates.

I'd not had an active membership on Guardian Soulmates for about 6 months and this person had actually sent me a message quite a few months ago but I'd not received a notification to my inbox so I'd not picked it up. After a few messages she asked if we could talk on the phone. I hate doing this but I can understand why people want to before agreeing to go on a date and I must have come across ok as we did meet up. Bizarrely though, I've had times where a date has been arranged then they've wanted to speak beforehand and after hearing me have cancelled so I'm quite conscious of this happening. The weirdest example of this was a woman who called me from what sounded like a gale force wind-swept mountain top. I couldn't hear a word she was saying and after a few minutes I asked if we could speak a bit later, preferably somewhere a bit quieter, and she called off our date saying we wouldn't be compatible even though we never spoke again...so I clearly failed some sort of audibility test.

Back to this date, and it lasted possibly a couple of drinks. She was very nice and good looking and I thought perhaps there'd be a second date as she said that every date she'd been on had led to at least a second one. I was the exception to the rule though as I enquired about another one but she said she'd met someone else. I wasn't too disappointed.




No comments:

Post a Comment