Friday 6 May 2016

Date 115


"And the pain was enough to make a shy, bald Buddhist reflect and plan a mass-murder."


I have to say that I wasn't impressed by this date from Plenty of Fish when I initially met her. She lives in the same village which I thought was great as I don't really know anyone really local to me as I live in the sticks a bit.

The pub that I'd suggested we meet in, unbeknownst to me had a busy function going on, so when we both arrived, it was so rammed that we decided to go elsewhere. This wasn't so bad though as we then ventured into a pub that I'd wanted to try since I moved here and it was quite a decent one. What annoyed me a bit though was that we had 2 or 3 drinks and she didn't once offer to buy me or herself one which is a bit rude. I also didn't find her very interested in anything that I had to say.

I didn't plan to contact her again, and I never heard from her either, but a month or so later I texted her. I figured that even if there wasn't a romance between us it would be good to have a local acquaintance to hang out with.

I'm actually really glad that we did meet up as we had a great time, although I don't think it could be classed as a second date. The first time I met her, she made a big point about her being very spiritual and following Buddhist ways and rarely if ever drinking alcohol. However, on this occasion, we went and sat on the beach as it was a gloriously hot afternoon and drank 5 bottles of beer each. We then went to the most amazing Indian restaurant and shared a bottle of wine over dinner. During the afternoon she mentioned to me that she wasn't dating anymore as the internet method didn't agree with her as she felt it was all about rapid gratification, and she preferred taking the time to get to know someone. I don't think anything will happen between us but our second meeting was fun so I hope that at least we can become buddies, especially as she lives so near me.

Something else that was quite funny occurred when she got a text from some friends of hers who were on the beach too, asking if she wanted to meet up. She ignored the text though and had to secretly and stealthily make her way to the toilets as she was drunk and couldn't let them see her like that as they wanted to meet her for a ceremony that she performs in which she isn't meant to have had any alcohol for two years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment