Wednesday 4 May 2016

Date 114


"I was bored before I even began."


This was a rescheduled date as she'd cancelled the first one due to illness. She'd also vetoed my first suggestion of a pub to meet up at as she said that she'd always felt uneasy in it but didn't know why. It's one of my favourite ones in Brighton, although during one of my last visits there; someone had had a suspected heroin overdose in the toilets so maybe she's got a point.

As it turned out we didn't stay in my second choice pub very long anyway. She told me that she'd been on her first internet date the previous week (I was her second...what an amateur) and had kept in touch with him as friends. He'd emailed her that day and asked how her dating was going and she said she was on a date in the evening and he was also. At the same bloody pub! I told her it would be a bit weird if he came in, and she agreed, so we beat a hasty retreat with only moments to spare.

We didn't stay in the next one that long either. I feel really bad about saying this but I was quite bored and so I ended the evening prematurely. She was really nice but I just wasn't feeling anything at all, which is rare for me as I usually fancy everyone. I even said to her at the end that I didn't feel a spark but that we could still be friends. I NEVER say that at the end of dates and she was actually quite shocked and let out an accentuated 'wow.' I must be getting fussy in my old age.


No comments:

Post a Comment