Wednesday 18 November 2015

Date 102


"And I doused another venture, with a gesture that was absolutely vile."


Back to Tinder with another two-dater.

When I met this person for drinks for our first date, I was eager to see her again as she had such great music tastes. She seemed good company too and picked a good pub for us to meet in.

For our second date, I booked us a table at an excellent Japanese restaurant in Brighton; no, not Wagamamas. However, I knew as soon as I met her beforehand that we weren't suited and the night felt very awkward until we got shit-faced and ended up snogging. I managed to find us a pub open until 1 am and we were in there for a good three hours. I can't remember anything about our time in there, apart from her telling me 'no tongues' and me ordering quite a few doubles before closing time.

That wasn't such a good move, as I only got about 6 hours sleep and when I woke up the next morning I was still drunk and didn't start to feel sober again until midday. I had to go to a family picnic, which could have been a disaster, but luckily I managed to hide my inebriated state without any dramatic consequences.

I didn't attempt to contact her again as, if I'm honest, I found her a bit odd and she didn't have much to say for herself. She also had a bee in her bonnet about my height and kept going on about how small I am. For the record, I'm 5'8'' and she was a few inches less, so I'm not sure what that was about. I never heard from her either, so the feeling was clearly mutual.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your giving this another whirl. I like the honesty and embedded Smiths references.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, glad you like it. I'm running out of lyrics though!

    ReplyDelete