Tuesday 13 August 2013

Date 78


"So, phone me, phone me, phone me."


I've never been a fan of Plenty of Fish (has anyone had any good experiences from it?) but I thought that I'd give it another try, despite having been on it before and deleting my profile on both occasions and vowing never to go back.

At first, we exchanged a few brief messages that weren't really going anywhere, then one night she emailed in the early hours of the morning saying she was drunk and did I want to meet her the following evening. I didn't read it until the morning so replied and said yes. I waited for her response as to what she wanted to do all day then finally got a message at about 5 or 6pm saying she was now going out with a friend so could she cancel? I wasn't happy as I don't know why she'd bothered to ask in the first place and I'd kept open my evening. I can't remember how I responded but it was brief and I wasn't bothered about actually meeting her.

I assumed I'd never hear from her again, but a month or so later I got a message from her with her mobile number late one Saturday night, asking me to call her. I did and we must have spoken for about 4 hours or so. We did the same the next few nights and spoke at length about everything and anything. During one of the conversations things did get a bit saucy but ultimately we both got a bit shy and nothing happened!

We met up for drinks a couple of days later and had a great night and seemed to be really comfortable with each other as we had been on the phone. She was very attractive and while we were at a restaurant towards the end of the night, she laid her cards on the table and said she really wanted to see me again; to which I agreed.

On our way back to the station we were holding hands and had a bit of a kiss on the platform and she re-iterated how she wanted to see me again, and on the way home she texted me to say thanks for a wonderful evening.

As she'd kept emphasising how much she wanted to go on a second date, I though this meant that a second date was a distinct possibility...see, I can read signals. We exchanged a few texts the next day then they just stopped. She'd been made redundant the day before our date so I thought not hearing from her was because she was busy job hunting. She took a week to reply to my last text then after me responding they stopped again. I left it another week and asked how she was getting on with her job search and she replied saying she'd found a new one, so I then asked about a second date and she never replied, so, I just left it. I'm not really sure what happened as I was keen to see her again too, but she did strike me as being a bit flaky. I did think a lot about contacting her again but in the end I didn't because what would be the point.

4 comments:

  1. I found POF to be a bit of a joke when it comes to dating but easy to find friends. I think with free sites like this you find people just milling around looking for something random to happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think you're spot on. OKCupid's free too and similar as I'm not sure people on these sites are as serious as paid ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey buddy, love the journal.
    Have you thought about not asking for another date yet still getting in touch and playing it cool? Quite a few of the dates seem attracted to you but can smell desperation a mile off. So obviously what's coming out of there mouths is not congruent with subsequent actions. Just an observation and keep up the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, glad you're enjoying my blog.
    I've done that before and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete