Thursday 12 March 2020

Date 184


"And so I drank one, it became four."


This date had taken ages to sort out as she only seemed to reply once a week on Tinder. She complained that it was because she wasn't receiving notifications when she got a message, but when I suggested that we could communicate via Whatsapp, she said the last person she gave her number to ghosted her so she refused.

Although I didn't notice until she mentioned it, she was a bit drunk when she turned up as she'd been to a friend's beforehand and had already downed a couple of vodkas. So, unfortunately after two gin and tonics she said she had to go home as she was feeling drunk...

I liked her as she was funny but I was put off a little bit when she said that she'd lived in Manchester and Liverpool for quite a while in her 'youth' but couldn't remember much about either city as she used to smoke a LOT of weed. I smoked a lot of weed in my 20's but I have no losses of memory during those times.

I never heard back from her though and I didn't want to make contact as her saying she was a bit drunk may have just been an exit strategy, which in hindsight it probably was as surely she couldn't have been that pissed after a couple of vodkas and G&T's?! I sort of did want to hear from her again but I've learnt my lesson from messaging people when they clearly weren't into me and Id rather not know than being rejected again.

4 comments:

  1. All 184 date stories read. It was fascinating insight into what it's like for a man to date women in this horrible modern world of dating. I'm looking forward to reading more of your tales although it would equally be lovely if there were no more stories because you've met someone really special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve a medal for reading it all! Thank you.
    There's nothing on the horizon but I'm sure there'll be more dating 'adventures.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Whenever i message a new match on tinder, I never get a reply. Its frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tinder is really frustrating with that sort of thing and I get that a lot too. Thanks for reading!

      Delete