Tuesday 9 October 2018

Date 156


"It just wasn't like the old days anymore." 


I've not been on a date for ages, and although I've not been as proactive as usual; it's not been for the want of trying. This date, which I'll mention a bit later was the last one I'd been on and that was in June!

The not going on dates thing has largely been down to setting them up and then the other person has either cancelled or mysteriously disappeared. I've also dealt with a few oddballs along the way too. The last date I was meant to go on had all been going well in the initial stages. We'd arranged a time, day and location and had been texting regularly. In the week before our meet up for drinks I'd sent her a text that she hadn't replied to or even opened. Then I knew she was away for the weekend so didn't want to force the matter. I texted her on a Monday morning (a few days before our Friday date) to check if we were still on and received this reply:


Erm, ok....

More recently I'd been in contact with someone off Bumble for about 2 days. She rung me a couple of times and after speaking to her (she mainly spoke at me) I was genuinely scared of her and worried about her state of mind. I would never normally do this but I panicked a bit and blocked her and she proceeded to leave me three abusive and very unsettling voicemails from three different phone numbers between 3 and 7am. At least I found out that even if you block someone on an iphone, they can still leave voicemails.

I also received a drunken 1am phonecall from someone I dated a couple of years ago telling me that the reason she didn't pursue me is because I'm gay. Which was news to me as I had no idea.

Onto this actual date now. It was a really good one. We met along the Southbank on a really beautiful day and we seemed to get on well. We had drinks for a few hours then went for dinner and ended the evening with a lot of snogging.

And then of course I tried to make plans for a second date but she never got back to me. Dating's not what it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment