Thursday 10 May 2018

Date 155


"Oh, I know I'm alone."


I was excited beforehand by this date as we were a similar age and seemed to really like the same music. In fact she'd contacted me initially due to our shared love of The Smiths.

Although it was a bit of a trek for me, we met in a pub over the road from where she had been attending a ukulele group and it was a good choice as they served milk stout and the barman was very knowledgeable. That was the best part of the date though.

I was sitting at a table near the back and she came over to me and I have to say that I wouldn't have know it was her as she didn't look like her pictures, not in a bad way though, I just think that they were old. I could instantly tell by her eyes though that she was disappointed by me. After a few minutes I got the distinct impression that she didn't want to be there.

Although we talked about music for a bit, and we did indeed like all the same stuff, she declared that she was coming down with a cold. It was her round and she went and got me a drink then said she felt ill so had to leave. I was then left the unenviable task of drinking alone on a date so I downed it pretty quick and left.

I had genuinely thought she was ill but I didn't hear from her again so I suspect it was just an exit plan. I was pretty disappointed because I definitely fancied her and thought there was potential due to having other things in common too but I guess I wasn't the type of guy she was looking for, and she made up her mind pretty quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment