Thursday 14 April 2016

Date 112


"I left the South, I travelled North."


I was really excited about meeting this person but less enamoured when she suggested a coffee date; which in my experience is a terrible idea.

She'd contacted me initially on Guardian Soulmates and had wowed me with her eloquence, humour and a shared love of Columbo. She seemed eager to meet me and clearly wasn't put off by me being about 8 years younger than her!

When we met in a cafe I'd chosen, I couldn't help but notice that she looked a bit disappointed when I rocked up, and as such it turned out to be quite a short date. I knew that she'd met someone for lunch beforehand, and after one coffee I suggested that we move on to a pub but she told me that she was meeting a friend for dinner so had to go. I have to say that I really fancied her and the chat was good but I felt that I was just killing time for her in between meals.

I received an email from her a few days later and she said that she'd just received a job offer to work in Liverpool, out of the blue, and that she was going to accept it and she contimued:

"It has made me realise that I am really not sure where work will take me in the medium term. I can also see  that means our lives are very different so I doubt that there would be any possibility of us becoming friends or anything more."

Either that's the most elaborate excuse anyone has ever used not to go on a second date or she's moved to another region entirely just so we don't bump into each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment