Wednesday 23 March 2016

Date 109


"What to be said of her?"


If my previous date had been rude then this one took things to a new level. We'd been chatting for a few days on Match and very last minute on a Saturday night, she asked me if I fancied meeting up for a drink an hour or so later.

The pub we actually met in first was rammed due to it being full of Brighton football fans so I took her to my favourite pub. This may not have been a good idea for a first date though, as when I went down to the toilets, a man had passed out from a suspected heroin overdose in a cubicle. When the owner was trying to ascertain what had happened she asked me to go elsewhere even though I was mid-flow weeing into a urinal. I told her that I wasn't physically able to do so!

Anyway, I digress, as we shared a bottle of wine (me and my date, not the heroin OD guy) and got on very well, mostly talking about our vinyl collections...

We then went to a restaurant and it was the second establishment we'd been to that night in which an ambulance had to be called. Thankfully this time it wasn't class A drug related (well, I don't think it was) but just a poor old guy who'd taken a tumble going down the stairs. Luckily he was ok after being checked over by a paramedic.

I wouldn't normally do this, but I'd had an enjoyable night and I was feeling generous, so I paid for her dinner too. I'm quite happy to do this when I've been seeing someone for a while but this was probably the first time I'd done this on a first date. I wish I hadn't in retrospect.

At the end of the night she told me that she'd had a really fun evening and so I contacted her the next day to see if she fancied a second date. She never replied. Not even a thanks but no thanks. Some people...

No comments:

Post a Comment