Monday 21 March 2016

Date 108


"And people are rude and cruel to you."


This set the record as the shortest date that I've ever been on. I think that it lasted less than half an hour, although it felt longer as it was awkward from start to finish.

I can't actually remember which site she was on (probably Match) but as soon as I met her, I knew that it had been a mistake. We met in a pub and the first thing I asked her was where she lived in Brighton. I've only lived here a short time so I don't know it that well and to me that's a normal question to ask on a date. Bizarrely, she refused to tell me and said something along the lines of that she didn't want to reveal any information like that to me and that I should just assume that she lives in Brighton....

When she said that, I actually thought about just getting up and leaving. I very nearly did but I kept my composure and tried to make small talk with her, being conscious not to ask any personal questions! I suppose she'd maybe had a bad experience in the past, hence her being on the defensive but it seemed quite a strange reaction and an odd way to begin a date.

After I'd finished my drink I asked her if she wanted another one, purely out of politeness and she ummed and aahed a bit and said that she had to meet her daughter at the station. I then said goodbye to her outside and she asked me where I was going. I pointed in the direction of my bus stop and she said she she was going to Hanover, so in her parting gift I found out where she lived and that she wasn't meeting her daughter as the station is in completely the opposite direction...

No comments:

Post a Comment