Monday 10 November 2014

Date 96


"Hair brushed and parted."


It's really difficult to get replies on free dating sites. I imagine this is because they are over-subscribed, and from female friends I know who are on them, women apparently get inundated. I still don't see why I rarely get responses though as I write proper messages so it's clear that I've read their profiles and I try to be funny. A previous date said to me once that I'm not handsome but she found me attractive, so maybe that's where the first impressions problem lies...or it could just be that my jokes are really bad.

Anyway, I digress. The point I'm also making is that I do get replies on pay sites so I tend to go back to them. I don't think I've ever had a one month subscription on a pay site and not had at least one date from it. 

So, I went back onto Guardian Soulmates and someone actually replied to me and we met up for a few drinks. It was fine and she was very nice and we got on well enough, but neither of us made plans for a second date. One thing I have to say is that her profile pics looked nothing like her and they were at least 5 years old, AT LEAST. So when I saw her coming towards me I actually just guessed it was her. This is not me being shallow either but my pics are always up to date, so it's not really too much to ask that others do the same. I had a magnificent head of hair in my 20's and as much as I'd love to put those pics up it's not really fair to do so! Not that she was bald or anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment