Tuesday 4 November 2014

Date 95


"We can go for a walk where it's quiet and dry 
and talk about precious things."


Date 95 took 6 months to reply to me from when I first sent her a message. Yes, you read that correctly - 6 frickin' months. I didn't even have a subscription on Match anymore and so when you're not a paid up member, Match don't even reveal who has contacted you. So I had to do a bit of detective work before deciding that I should take out a one week membership in order to reply.

Our first date was a lot of fun as we met for drinks and then went for a meal. She was very smart, although her clothes were very 1980's, but that didn't detract from the fact that she was very attractive.

We seemed to get on well and I was very pleased when she agreed to a second date. However, it turned out to be a bit shit.

For date number 2, she suggested that we could meet along the seafront and go for a walk as it was a really warm Saturday afternoon. So, we strolled up to Zoe Ball & Fatboy Slim's tiny palace and back again, which took a couple of hours. Along the way she refused the offer of a coffee or ice cream and I'd stupidly presumed that we were then going to head into Brighton to a pub or restaurant, as it was still only the afternoon.. When I suggested this she claimed to be meeting her sister for dinner later on so I ended up being home by 6pm. I hadn't mentioned doing something afterwards when we'd been in contact beforehand as I'd just automatically assumed we would be. How ridiculously presumptuous of me.

I have to confess though that during this second date, we did struggle a bit in terms of things to talk about and she didn't actually have much to say for herself. I also felt like I was doing all the talking and asking all the questions, and I did get the impression that she wasn't interested in finding out anything about me or my interests.

I don't think she really was meeting her sister but I decided to take the hint and so I just left it. Isn't it amazing how an absence of alcohol can change one's perceptions of others? It's a shame though as I did fancy her.

No comments:

Post a Comment