Monday 14 February 2011

Date 51


"But don't forget the songs that made you smile, and the songs that made you cry."


For this date (a Welsh lady, a couple of years older than me) we had intended to go and see Sherlock Holmes at the Prince Charles cinema in Leicester Square. As it happened we met outside and because the film wasn't due to start for another half an hour, we decided to go for a pint. We never made it to the film and spent the rest of the evening drinking in various bars.

We both had a very pleasant evening and, as we had similar music tastes, reminisced almost exclusively about bands from our teenage years. She said to me at the end of the night that she'd enjoyed the evening but wanted to just be friends and I agreed with her. We've since met up again for drinks a few times, and we keep in fairly regular e-mail contact. A really lovely person.

UPDATE: A few years on and I'm going to have to change my opinion on her as she's one of the most flakiest people I've ever met. The final straw was when she contacted me a couple of weeks beforehand to see if I wanted to go and see a Juliana Hatfield/Evan Dando gig. I said yes and was really excited about it. She contacted me a couple of times to see where I wanted to sit and to let me know that she was about to order the tickets. The day before the gig she emailed me to say that it had slipped her mind and that she'd let me know on the day of the gig whether we were still going. I'd presumed we were up until the last minute but in the end I never heard from her again and she never apologised for ruining my evening (when I'd turned down an invite to the cinema with someone else). I could even have gone on my own or taken someone else as there were plenty of tickets left but in the end there wasn't time and I wondered why she even asked me in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment