Monday 11 January 2016

Date 105


"Pass the pub that saps your body."


I met this Welsh lady through Match and it was an unusually incident free date.

We initially met for coffee on a Sunday in late summer and ended up going for a pub roast. It was the worst roast I've ever had and it was just like one of those ready-meals that you stick in the oven and pierce the lid...but like one when they first came out in the 1980's! The vegetables were under-cooked, the portions of everything were stingy e.g two roast potatoes, a sliver of meat etc. I was then amazed when she declared it to be one of the best she'd had.

We went to another pub and I introduced her to the joy of drinking Tuaca and she opened up a tiny bit more as she'd been fairly quiet. We only had a couple of drinks before she had to go but I thought that there was a good chance we'd meet up again as despite her taste buds not working, she'd been good company.

I emailed her to inquire about a second date and she replied thusly:

"As you know I'm pretty new to this site and have a couple more dates coming up soon. I just think I should go on more dates for a while and keep my options open for now."

I wonder how I compared to her other dates.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you should forget this girl! She needn't compare you with smb else! Listen to me, you are special and you deserve the better one! I recommend you reading https://kovla.com/blog/dating-coaches-will-never-admit-crazy-stupid-love-lessons// . It will help you that you SHOULDN'T do! It's very useful! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete