Monday 21 October 2013

Date 81


"So drink, drink, drink and be ill tonight."


I exchanged a few messages with this woman on Guardian Soulmates, and as my subscription was running out; I gave her my email address. When my stint on GSM ended, I never heard from her so I presumed she wasn't bothered about staying in contact and I just forgot about her.

Then, completely out of the blue, about 3 months later, I received an email from her apologising for not being in touch and asking me if I wanted to go out on a date.

As I tend to do on dates, I got to the bar a bit early and grabbed a much coveted diner style booth and waited quite a while for her to arrive as she was running very late. When she did rock up, although I knew it was her (as I'd told her where I was sitting), she looked so much older and different to her profile pictures. After a couple of drinks, we seemed to be getting on fine, then I made my only mistake of the night. The bar I'd picked is always quite busy and seats are at a premium, hence why I always stake out the booth seats beforehand and then pounce when they become free. After about an hour, two women came over and asked if they could share the booth. I thought this was really cheeky and instead of saying no, I let them 'join' us. I hate being so well mannered and accommodating sometimes but I couldn't refuse their request. As it turned out they were right noisy bastards and we gleaned from their no holds-barred and loud conversation that they were a lesbian couple on a first date too.

After a while we decided to move on and went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner where we sank numerous mojitos too. By the time we'd finished I wanted to go elsewhere but she was actually really drunk (she had been quite pissed after a couple of drinks at the bar, which meant that for the rest of the evening I wasn't sure what she was talking about half the time), so she called it a night and as we said our goodbyes at Waterloo, she told me to call her.

I emailed her a few days later, as I had tickets for a comedy event for someone I knew that she really liked, and asked her if she wanted to come too but she said she was ill and I never heard from her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment