Wednesday 10 July 2019

Date 159


"Park the car at the side of the road"


This date took place way back in January 2019, so my first of the year and it also started off a trend where all my dates this year have (so far) involved meeting people who are not Brighton dwellers. I have no explanation for this but I just can't seem to meet anyone local.

As this person lived in Kent, we met halfway for a meal at the Southbank in London. And having spoken to other people, this was a very typical internet date in which it was very pleasant and the other person was good company but that's it. As most of mine tend to have a bit of drama, this was something I don't tend to experience much.

As much as I don't want my dates to be dramatic it's always good to have an anecdote but there's very little I can say. The only possible thing I could mention would be that her hair and dress sense gave the impression that she'd just walked out of an office from the 1980's (despite her being only a year or two older than me) but she drove a company Jaguar, so who am I to comment on her appearance.

I liked her but didn't feel any compulsion to arrange a second date and she presumably felt the same as I didn't hear from her either. We exchanged text pleasantries after the date on the way home, but that was it and so the year got off to a quiet start.

No comments:

Post a Comment